Tuesday, October 28, 2014

R.I.P I killed the club.. (Ok not really, I just hate it.. a lot)

As a 22 year old, I've been on a good bit of scenes.. (or at least I'd like to think I have) and I'm still in the process of trying to figure out what I like/don't like. And with that being said, I have come to the simple conclusion.. that the club scene is one of those scenes, that is just not for me..

Nope.

I just can't get with the whole, stand in line for 1+ hours and pay a good bit of money bc the bouncer wants to collect his coins, just to get in somewhere to be around sweaty people and dance to the DJ's, tryna-be-put-on homie's remix of "Hot Nigga".. Like come on sis.

I know you're probably like "Uh Jena, there's nothing wrong with the club" huh NEWSFLASH.. That's a waste of time (at least in my eyes)! I just don't care for it.

Now, don't get me wrong.. I do go, BUT only because my friends want to. They're the only reason why I drag my ass out of my comfy cozy bed to end up in a packed, stuffy club that upon entering you get hit by a whiff of stale ass in the air. To go get un-wantedly hit on by creeps, whose goal is to get you in their bed but can't even remember your name by the end of the night. To have my feet hurting so bad, that I have to wear slippers the next day, all day just tell them (my feet) "I'm sorry".

Prior to going, I'll be comfortably inebriated for the festivities, hence the need of a "pre-game". Enjoying myself THEN and once that has worn off I'll just be sitting down, being the known wallflower that I am. I just simply prefer bars or safe kickbacks versus the club. I'll go to the club once in a blue moon, but once that blue moon comes, it just reminds me as to why I even wasted money and left the house in the first place. Y'all can have dat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...