Monday, January 19, 2015

A Night With SZA

 photo 1eebb2f7-cea4-4104-9690-344ec7a31757.jpg
Good vibes, dank weed and current, hot fashion was all surrounding me as I, along with hundreds of others patiently wait for SZA to grace the stage. This past Saturday in Atlanta at CenterStage; SZA and her beautiful big hair were able to bless the city with an amazing, sold out show. With openings acts such as: Father, Chakkratara, Twin Dj's Angel and Dren, and singer Abra, we were not only able to see new talent and hear a new sound, but these acts helped influence a show that is sure to be remembered. (By the way, you all should totally go check them out, if you're looking for some new music. I'll put their social media handles below.)

As we wait to be serenaded, the crowd starts a chant: "SZA, SZA, SZA, SZA!" Then, by 10:06 p.m., is when the magic finally happened. SZA and her diverse band begin the show with "U R", and it was all a dream from there. Her energy and stage presence was the most comfortable yet confident thing I have ever seen; and by comfortable I mean towards the end of the concert, SZA was in nothing but a cut up crop tank, her furry knee-length shorts and socks. If anything, she knows how to vibe well with her audience and I loved that. She had the whole crowd swooned and in love. Once she announced that she was singing her last song, she knew we weren't ready to be done with her yet; so she came to give us an encore and performed "Julia".

SZA gave one hell of a concert, her spirit and high energy took over a whole auditorium. She truly made a whole crowd, come together as one. So I think it's safe to say that "A Night wih SZA" was a success. Below are a some pics from the concert, enjoy!

 photo e8a5eca0-1391-4a40-9e6c-9367a30c86d1.jpg
Abra/IG: darkwaveduchess
 photo a2c71fc3-c1f0-4992-ad1a-73348bc42397.jpg
DJ Twins Angel + Dren/IG:angelanddren

 photo 84a2bcd2-9c21-445e-b7c2-49dc85bc0dda.jpg
SZA (of course)

 photo 9f5046f3-24b9-45d0-9325-62dc8bc44cfc.jpg
 photo 19709c7a-c916-4b98-883e-323f81901edb.jpg
Other opening acts social media handles:
-Father/IG: father
-Chakkratara/IG: chakkratara
-Abra's SoundCloud: darkwaveduchess
-Angel and Dren's SoundCloud: angelanddren

Were you at the concert too? Did you enjoy as much as I did? Or if you just love SZA, leave your comments below!

2 comments:

  1. I love SZA so much and I love going to concerts! So now I feel like I need to go to a SZA concert! lol This was such a good read! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teosha!! I appreciate it a lot, and you should go to one! I loved it so much. I haven't been to a concert, a good one, in such a long time.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...