Saturday, December 6, 2014

A Change Will Come.

 photo 14c82482-13bb-4c5b-ac16-9b771178c708.jpg


So by now, I'm hoping that we all know what has recently been going on in our country. The Grand Jury has decided to not indict 2 separate police officers based on the killings of 2 separate black men; Mike Brown and Eric Garner. With that being said, what does that say about our country?

For the police who are supposed to "protect and serve" us, with no hesitation or remorse, shoot a young man who was unarmed with hands up at least 6 times, or to simply put someone, with asthma in a choke hold, as they repeatedly say "I can't breathe" 11 times... Doesn't sound like the police were doing either or. And this isn't even the half of it! Both of these mens deaths, along with other deaths of African American men, have caused not only nationwide protests, but has also caused the African American community to begin to question their value in this world. As an African American female, I can relate to both of these cases; both of these men could have easily been either my father or my brother(being that I have/had both, my father has passed). Although police brutality towards African Americans has always been evident, the fact that we cannot get justice is beyond me. To me, that screams in my face that they do not care about us. They say that history repeats itself, and if you ask me.. It's starting to look more like 1950 rather than 2014.

Black people, we have got to make a change. We cannot allow this to keep going on! All the protests that have been going on locally and nationally are just the beginning, we have voices and they will be heard. Every effort counts. With tons of prayer and unlimited faith, our time will come. To everyone out there that is trying to make this change happen, your actions are not going unnoticed. We will get our justice.. some way, some how. Never forget, our lives matter..Black Lives Matter.

2 comments:

  1. Hey its your cousin .....just wanted to say that your knowledge of everyday life is wonderful and im proud to say my cousin has her own blog.....love you #blacklivesmatter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gabby!! You don't know how much this means to me. I love you too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...