Monday, December 29, 2014

I am a #GIRLBOSS

 photo da82daea-6041-40ff-85be-e7c35e278c80.jpg


For Christmas, I received the best gift that I literally only asked for (along with some MAC lipstick); #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso. For those who don't know, Sophia Amoruso is the CEO and founder of the awesome clothing store, Nasty Gal. In her book, she discusses how her business came to be and how all of her mistakes lead her up to being the owner of this million dollar business. She also gives meaningful and memorable life lessons that every #GIRLBOSS should try to keep in mind. Sophia aims to inspire young women who read her book, that you too can achieve anything you put your mind to and how to be a #GIRLBOSS.

How I consider myself to be a GB is that I am unstoppable. No matter the circumstance, whether I have failures or even doubts, I make sure to keep going. I may be faced with certain obstacles that may hinder me from where I'm trying to go, but I don't let them stop me...

I bust ass and keep it moving.

I am a GB because I believe in myself, I know that I will make something of myself and be successful someday. I'm still cloudy as to what that may be, but I know that when I figure it out I will try my hardest to make that come to be. For all I know, I could be in the process of that happening right now! In the infamous words of Nas:

"I know I can, be what I wanna be. If I work hard at it, I'll be where I wanna be".

Lastly, how I consider myself a GB is that although I may have learned a semi-lot of lessons so far in my 22 years of existence, I am still learning. I try to learn from other people's mistakes, whether it may be people around me or even people that I admire. Life is all about trial and error, if I try something and it works for me; I continue. If something doesn't work for me... I may still try to do it a couple more times because I have a hard head lol but eventually I'll learn that doesn't work for me. Like I said, I'm still learning. Eventually I will have this thing called life figured out; so until that happens...

I'll enjoy the fuck-ups along the way.

Overall, being a #GIRLBOSS isn't limited to only a few qualities. If you want to know what being one is all about, then I highly recommend you to read this book. Sophia Amoruso has set a blueprint by highlighting her success along with her failures, which is all worth the read.

Have you read the book? Let me know your thoughts! Do you consider yourself a #GIRLBOSS, too? Tell me how!

2 comments:

  1. I recently read another blog post about this book and I have been wanting it ever since! I follow Nasty Gal on Pinterest and I saw them post about it last year but I never really wanted it until recently. Now I stumble across your post and I think it's a sign that I purchase it! lol Love the post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you :) It's def a great read. It tells really good points that young women adults should know. Gone head and make that purchase!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...